About the solution
Portugal’s central tourist authority Turismo de Portugal suffered from a disjointed and expensive print landscape of 460 machines from ten different vendors. It wanted to consolidate its fleet, centralise management and cut costs.
Turismo de Portugal entered into a three-year HP Managed Print Services (MPS) contract, centred on leased HP Multifunction Printers (MFP), remotely monitored with HP Web Jetadmin software. Output is controlled with a SafeCom pull print solution and automating fax processes with Open Text RightFax.
- In-house technical staff wages have been reduced by €9,000 ($12,000) a month due to HP outsourcing of the print environment.
- Virtually eliminating helpdesk calls saves €2,700 ($3,600) a week.
- HP Universal Print Driver increases installation efficiency.
- Overall print costs have been reduced by more than 20 per cent which has been re-invested to improve productivity of the department.
- Total annual savings of over €250,000 ($338,000) thanks to HP MPS.
- Annual paper usage has fallen by 1.2 million sheets, saving 120 trees and cutting costs by €5,000 ($6,700).
- Automated workflows and document processes with Open Text RightFax.
- Turismo de Portugal has the freedom to concentrate on its core business benefiting the Portuguese economy through improved tourism.